Sunday, June 22, 2008

DeviantArt, an untapped resource?

Etsy sellers are always trying to find new and popular places to get their shop out there. I've been a member of DeviantArt for years now, and when it comes down to it, more than half of my sales come from there.

DeviantArt offers you the chance to comment and critique right on someone's submission. I love this feature and many people comment. It's always nice to hear what people think when they see your work, and it allows you to get an idea of who your target audience is, what are the types of people who tend to like your work.

They offer not only a community to get to know and be a part of, they offer tools. Collections of usable stock photos, tutorials, even photoshop brushes people have made and are sharing with everyone.

Of course, there's a forum, and features that get your work on the main page. I don't pay for a subscription, but I can only imagine the benefits.

Not to mention all the professional talent that have galleries there. Evan Campbell has a gallery, Scott Campbell has one also. Those are just a couple that I have bookmarked.

There's even a community of Etsy sellers! Check out these Etsians who have DeviantArt shops! DeviantArt Etsy Sellers.


And here's my home on DeviantArt.

No comments: